The doctoral research projects will focus on one specific factor or metabolic pathway and clarify mechanisms, by which distinct surface receptors, cytokines, transcriptions factors, metabolites, protein-modifying factors, long non-coding RNAs, signal modifiers, antibodies, and antigen-antibody immune complexes control and fine-tune
- the activation state of DCs and MΦs after recognizing either pathogens or harmless antigens,
- the activation and clonal expansion of naive T and B cells,
- their differentiation into effector cells,
- the establishment of a powerful adaptive memory, and
- the dampening of an immune response.